Emulsifieris an additive which is used as a stabilizing agent for various emulsions that are suspended solutions that can be water based or oil based. It consist of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic tails in its compound. It acts as a barrier in between the droplets to keep them from coalescing. Emulsifier works like a surfactant which when added to the emulsions can attract both polar and non-polar particles. It is suitable for both water in oil or oil in water based emulsions and helps to lower the interfacial tension between the different phases to stabilize the droplets.
Emulsifier in Inks/Paints
- Appearance: Semi Viscous Liquid
- Colour on Gardner Scale: 14 max
- Refractive Index at 30oC: 1.450 - 1.550
- Sp. Gravity at 30oC: 1.10 - 1.20
- Viscosity at 30oC: 29 to 49 poise
- Acid Value mgKOH/gm: 110-115
- Iodine Value mgKOH/gm: 10-20
- Saponification Value, mgKOH/gm: 100-120
- Solubility: Soluble in Alcohol & Water
MOPIN - 411, is an oil & water soluble product, it acts as an emulsifier. It is a polar product, use of this product allows, in corporation of water into the paint/ink system.
Direction of using the product
- It does not separate water on storage from the system.
- It is soluble with all types of alkyd resins.
- Addition of MOPIN - 411 do not change reological property of Ink and reduces premixing and dispersion time substantially.
- Recommended for Offset Inks.
- Improve wetting and minimize flocculation.
- Prepare premix as per the regular formulations.
- Put premix for stirring under high speed.
- Add MOPIN - 411 as per recommended dosage after stirring about 15-20 minutes.
- Start addition of water slowly under stirring (add 2 ltrs. water/min.)
- Continue running the stirrer up to 30-35 min.
Dosage: Upto 1% of the total premix system Permits 18 - 20% water incorporation
- Add all the ingredients of the final product before addition of MOPIN - 411 and water.
- Add water slowly.